In 2013, fraternity leadership began planning for a total makeover, including demolition of all additions over the last century and construction of a new three-story wrap around addition with on-grade parking below that housed 10 suites of bedrooms and study areas for 72 residents and modernized common areas and amenity spaces throughout. Not least was the plan for the historical restoration of the original 1908 structure, which features Flemish cross-bond brick and limestone trim and framed Tudor exterior façade above, with gable roofs and dormers above.
With a slow-moving design process and an originally planned occupancy by the fall semester if 2015, Cordos recommended that building permits be fast-tracked, beginning with asbestos abatement in June 2014 and demolition in July. The foundation permit was issued in August followed by the Shell & Core permit in November 2014, with the full building permit issued in March 2015. Other issues challenged the design and construction, including underpinning and hand-digging out the existing basement to provide code-required ceiling heights for new amenity spaces located within. Cordos worked through the record-cold 2014 winter, with new foundations starting in September and masonry starting in February.